Monday, September 18, 2017

Dolly Finds and Lottie's World: Forest Friend Lottie

I swear, when I'm out by myself, I look for miniature items or things that I can use for my dolls. In this blog post, I found three things.


This display case with a clock! I thought it would be a nice backdrop for a fashion or tourist photo shoot. It was really heavy, and quite pricey for my budget so I didn't get it. But if I get motivated, I could totally craft one.


A laptop spotlight! It would probably look great on a photo shoot doll scenario. It's something you have to plug to a computer though so I don't think I could use it for my own shoots, and I decided not to get it. I don't need my laptop to occupy my desk just so I could turn this thing on.


This one, I did get though. It's a fairy door set! I didn't even know such thing exists until I looked it up online. There are actually people who purchase this stuff so they could decorate their house with a fairy door. Amazing!

The box is heavy, and the door is actually made of concrete or something. It sure is solid!

I later found out that the door is too short for Lottie, boo!! But I just had to use it as a prop so I just made adjustments for the photo shoot!


Here is my new Lottie doll, Forest Friend! She's a gift I received from the Lottie team for joining their Instagram takeover! Thank you, Lottie Dolls! She's so cute!



I found a white polka-dotted hard green felt, and I thought it would look nice together with the pink door! It totally worked!


This is the first time I used the orange plastic flowers I bought from the department store. They are cheap and just the right size for my doll photos!





I was experimenting with the light, by the way, so I have similar photos but the shadows and lighting are quite different!




I had a miniature cactus, which I thought would look cute on Lottie's lap!


Here's how my set looked like. On the photos you couldn't see the grass on the ground. That's because I didn't want to show the box I used to raise the door higher so that it would fit Lottie. It would have been really nice if the door's size was a perfect fit. I would have had more fun taking photos.

In other news, I got a new secondhand doll, by the way, lol. It's Mrs. Heart from the Barbie Heart family. She has a unique looking face mould! I still have to work on her hair, and her lip paint has been scratched off so I have to do some repaint as well.

And I'm not sure if it's pushing through but a relative coming home from Canada bought me a gift: it's Lucky from the Spirit Riding Free doll line! I'm so excited to get her, if I do get her, lol, because she's articulated and we don't have Spirit Riding Free here in the Philippines!! Fingers crossed!

8 comments:

  1. I thought of you today, when I was thrifting and found a new in package Lottie outfit for $1 CAD. It's a beach outfit with a snorkel. I don't have any Lottie dolls, I can send it to you if you are interested! I've been away from the blog for a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Yes for sure! I will email you for your mailing address!

      Delete
    3. I sent it, hope I typed it in right! My real name is Melissa.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    5. Got your email address. I'll delete your comment so that you don't get spammed!

      Delete