Sunday, April 8, 2018

1977 Farrah Fawcett doll by Mego

I found a Farrah Fawcett doll! At first her left arm was missing, but I rummaged through the bins of the thrift store and found her left arm by luck! Without the arm, I could have bought her for P75, but after finding her arm, her price became P100!


Her right arm was actually in tact when I found her but at home, I pulled it out because her joints have melted.


Dried plastic goo all over the joints, yuck! I had to carve the melted plastic with my crafting knife.


I had a difficult time assembling the pieces together, because without the melted plastic, the joints have become loose. I had to use wire to put them together, and even tied garter on her chest area to keep the arms in place.


I love that her head is in good condition. I would have gotten her even without that left arm. Anyway she's such a big woman, I didn't have any clothes that would fit her very well, neither do I have clothes that fit her aesthetic. So I just dressed her up in these hoping she'd look like the type to stay at home, lounge and smoke a cigarette every now and then, lol.


I have this metal stand that came with a photo frame, but the photo frame is now gone. The end of the stand stops right under her butt, making her stand like this, haha.


Her skin has a reddish tone to it, so I wasn't even sure that I could rebody her easily had I only used her head. Her hair is quite unruly but I didn't want to tame it with a doll comb because I'm afraid she'd lose all these lovely curls in the process. I love the volume it has. And she has rooted eyelashes, yaaaas!

In other news, I finally came around to retouching this Mrs. Hearts doll's lips!


I bought her online. I don't remember how much I paid for her, but I thought I had to get her. Her lip paint was actually chipped, and I have only touched it up today, lol.

She has that Steffie sculpt vibe thing going on, even thought she's not at all a Steffie sculpt but an original Hearts Mom sculpt. Actually some of the Mrs. Heart doll versions have the Steffie sculpt, so that might explain the resemblance?

She has a TNT body, but I have clothes that fit the TNT body, so I didn't really have a hard time finding a dress for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment