Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Bodysuits, The Hiding Sewing Machine and Cat Noir

I attempted to make a pattern and sew a bodysuit again, in a smaller scale, but alas, I made the sleeves and the pant legs very narrow! Add to the fact that I chose a not so good fabric that doesn't stretch. (I chose it because it's shiny, unlike the black t-shirt fabric that I have.) What a waste! I cut off the sleeves and the legs and gave the suit a try on Lottie.


Seems like the collar has too much fabric. That won't happen if the fabric is thin but stretchy.
Mental notes... Mental notes...

I would have been faster if I used my sewing machine, lol. I decided to check it out from storage.


Here it is under a Christmas themed microwave oven cover. I had to tuck the sides of the cover with binder clips.



Tada!!! I have to re-learn how to sew on this thing. That's going to be my goal in 2019, lol.

May these pictures of Cat Noir and Antibug from Miraculous inspire me to make the bodysuit/s that I need.



Speaking of Cat Noir, I found one from an online seller, and I should get it later this week. He's missing one hand, his tail and weapon, but I don't mind. I asked the seller if Cat Noir's bodysuit fits an Ever After High boy doll, but the boy doll she had is Daring Charming with the sculpted shoes (Ew!), so she couldn't get Daring's feet through the pant holes. But she managed to try Cat Noir's bodysuit on Monster High's Clawd Wolf and it was quite a good fit. Still, I'd like to dress up my Hunter Huntsman doll with a bodysuit for a custom project, and I know that EAH boy dolls are quite bulkier than MH boy dolls, so I think I just have to make that suit on my own soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment