Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Sewing and Bridges

I started sewing again, which I haven't done so in a long while. I wanted to make a body suit for my Hunter Huntsman but it seems I have forgotten to make patterns, lol. I traced around his body on black fabric that has been folded so that there are two layers underneath him, then when I was already sewing the two layers of fabric together, I was thinking about how I'm gonna get the doll to fit in the suit. Then I realized that there should be two pieces of fabric for his back instead of one, because the velcro strips will be added in later. So I just stopped sewing all together, lol. I need to start over and cut pieces of fabric again. Sorry, no pictures. It's just a sewing project gone wrong, which happens a lot. Nothing wrong with it, haha. That's how we learn and improve anyway.

I was thinking about miniature bridges a while back, but it was only yesterday that I looked up samples. On Amazon, I found these two that look easy to make:

Bridge #1:



 Bridge #2:



Cardboard, popsicle sticks, wooden dowels, toothpicks, glue and some brown and black paint... 

And then I found this miniature river, which would be perfect under those bridges:



Cardboard, small stones, perhaps blue play dough for the water and something to stick in between those stones to look like grass or moss... maybe fake moss or green paper strips..

Gosh I want to make Lottie stand on the bridge, overlooking the river and greenery around her. That would be a fun diorama to make. Soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment