Friday, September 9, 2016

Update on Li'l Pinkie's Ears

I read up on the drying time of Dohvinci and found an answer here:
If the compound still feels soft or wet then it is possible that environmental factors including humidity or the thickness of the application of the DOHVINCI compound may be affecting the drying time for your design to achieve the spongy or dry quality. However, you can display your finished projects as soon as you're done designing! Unless purposefully removed by hand or with a tool, the compound will stick on the surface as it dries.
I'm actually observing how the Dohvinci dries up on Li'l Pinkie's head and I have to say, it's not looking good.

The swirls on her head have become less defined. The doh has become sticky and not hardened. One time I accidentally touched the doh and it's still soft.

I don't even know how long I have to wait. It's been more than a day, and I could see a speck of glitter that stuck to the doh. The glitter most likely came from Elsa's skirt, and we do know that glitter transfers on things like crazy.

I can't say much about the lasting colour of the doh right now. I mean, I used white. Of course it's bound to get dirty while it's still not dry. But I do hope it remains white until it's dry, and not grey.

This DohVinci stuff is testing my patience, haha. Is waiting fun for kids? No. For adults? It depends, I guess. I'm not getting positive results along the way so this is quite tough.

If DohVinci doesn't work out, I'll probably use the doll hair I was talking about earlier, or yarn. I just want to complete Li'l Pinkie soon. She actually looks cool next to my The Secret Life of Pets toys from McDonald's Happy Meal. A photo of them soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment