Saturday, April 2, 2016

Birthday Reroot

It's my birthday today. Not really that eventful because I'm cash-strapped at the moment and I don't feel like celebrating when I'm worried. But my brother is taking me out to lunch, so yay, I guess.

Anyway, before I leave the house, I started working on my bootleg Snow White doll's hair. I must admit, I really don't like rerooting that much because it takes a lot of effort and patience, but I thought she really needs new hair. 


My messy table at the moment. If you could see it, there's a dog brush on the table. That's what I use now for brushing doll hair because it works like magic. Thank you for the idea, Denisa! The brush came from my sister, together with a dog nail clipper, which I plan to use when cutting wooden dowels.

I painted Snow White's head with black nail polish. Just one coat so that I could still squish the head while rerooting. Then I am using this dark brown/black hair extension I found at the department store months ago. My replacement hair isn't the greatest, but I think it is much better than the original hair my doll had.

/After putting more plugs, the nail polish started flaking off. Messy, but it didn't do any harm to my doll. I shall use black acrylic paint later.

I had to cut off the eye of a new needle again because I misplaced the one I've used before, ugh. Poor toenail nipper. I used it to cut off the eye and ruined the blade in the process, but it's an old rusting one, so that's okay. I have a crafting knife so I switch the blade with the modified needle, for my makeshift rerooting tool.

I have just inserted three hair plugs. I'll get back to this later.

Snow White's head is temporarily perched on a spindle, the same one I used when I needed a stand for my Novi Stars Ari Roma doll.  I thought that maybe gravity could somehow help with the hair situation because her new hair is not yet flat on her head.

I hope I can finish her hair soon.

2 comments:

  1. Belated Happy Birthday Jamie!! May you have all the dolls you wished for! Enjoy girl!

    So how is snow white?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ms. 2D! I am still not done with Snow White. I've only added a few more hair plugs on Snow White, then I cleaned up my desk and put her back on my shelf. I will get back to her soon!

      Delete