Friday, August 28, 2015

Disney Descendants dolls

As mentioned on my previous post, I was at Toy Kingdom yesterday and saw new toys on the shelves. I was just walking past them and had to do a double take because I couldn't believe my eyes. The Disney Descendants dolls are finally here in Manila!

I haven't seen the movie yet and probably will not see it at all, but the dolls intrigue me a little. Here are pics I took. I think this is not the complete set.

New toys: Disney Descendants, My Little Pony Equestria Girls

Mal, daughter of Maleficent

This is Mal the doll. She is the daughter of Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty. I really don't like her outfit because it's such a far cry from what Mal is wearing in the movie. This just looks cheap. And her hair just doesn't make sense at all. It's so blunt and uneven; it's like she cuts it all by herself. Her boots are probably the best part of this doll.

I don't know why there's no coronation doll for Mal on the shelf. I didn't find any at all.

Evie, daughter of the Evil Queen

Evie is the daughter of the Evil Queen from Snow White. I'm just not feeling this Evie doll either. The clothes don't match for me, haha. I also didn't find any coronation doll for her.

Audrey, daughter of Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)

Audrey wearing her coronation dress (Sorry, it's blurry.)

This is Audrey, the daughter of Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip from the Sleeping Beauty. Her face is really cute. I think it's the cutest out of all the Disney Descendants dolls.

Jane, daughter of the Fairy Godmother

Jane wearing her coronation dress

Jane is the daughter of the Fairy Godmother from Cinderella (a Disney-exclusive character?). I don't like her outfits at all. They look matronly on her. It reminds me of school principals, hahaha.

Lonnie, daughter of Mulan

Lonnie wearing her coronation dress

Lonnie is the daughter of Mulan. She's an offspring of a Disney-only princess so I guess she's an exclusive and has no similar counterpart in other doll lines such as Ever After High, Fairy Tale High or Once Upon A Zombie.

I don't like her signature outfit. I think the red onepiece looks like a sad-looking apron, haha. But her coronation dress is so beautiful! She looks the most regal in her coronation dress. She looks like something you'd expect from a souvenir doll of China.

Carlos and Evie two-pack

These are Carlos, the son of Cruella de Vil (another Disney-exclusive character), and Evie. I keep calling Carlos as Jake, hahaha. Maybe the name Jake fits him so much more!

Ben and Mal two-pack

Ben is the son of Belle and The Beast from (Beauty and The Beast). His outfit is really similar to Ever After High's Dexter Charming's.


Ever After High Dexter Charming, Disney Descendants Ben, Ever After High Dexter Charming second release

Why can't they think of a different outfit. That blue blazer makes them look related.

I don't prefer the Disney Descendants dolls (I'm still into Monster High, and okay, Ever After High, too), but if I have to pick a favourite, it would have to be Lonnie in her coronation gown.

The solo signature dolls cost P1,499.75, the coronation dolls P1,699.75, and the two-packs P2,499.75.

When will Toy Kingdom carry the Ever After High line?? :(

/Here are the other dolls I didn't see prior to writing this post:

Evie in her coronation gown

Mal in her coronation gown

1 comment:

  1. I like your post but if you don't like something and other people do then keep what you don't like to your self

    ReplyDelete