Sunday, August 23, 2015

Ever After High Hunter Hunstman and a Breyer doll

I bought a secondhand Hunter Huntsman doll from an online seller and it was my first time to buy a doll online. I kept my expectations low and when the doll package finally arrived I was pleasantly surprised!

Here are the photos I took of Hunter which I showed to the seller as proof that I received it.




Because it is secondhand, there will be FLAWS. His major flaw is that his left foot and boot are missing. Second, his flocked hair has bald patches. Third, he is missing his messenger bag and an accessory attached to his belt loop, but it's not that important anyway, at least for me.

I don't really find boy fashion dolls interesting. In fact, one time I chanced upon a broken Deuce Gorgon (Monster High) doll before, but I thought he was ugly because he is so skinny. However, Hunter's built is just right. His muscles are nicely toned and he isn't as delicate to touch so I'm not afraid that I might break him.

Anyway, I knew I have to do something with his missing foot and shoe. At the thrift store, I found a winter boot that might be a good match to Hunter's original boot. I bought it without any physical reference on hand so I was wishing so hard on my way home that I did not make a mistake in choosing that particular boot. It turns out it's much bigger than Hunter's boot, but it's almost the same height.

I couldn't find a good image of the boot online except this poor thumbnail from Ebay:


I tried it on him even if he doesn't have a left foot yet:


I'm happy that the colours of the new boot which are black and green match Hunter's outfit so much! I modified the boot in the back by creating a slit using a craft knife so that when I attach a new foot to his leg, it will be easy to slide everything into the boot.

I also found 2 left Bratz feet at the same thrift store that seem to be a good replacement for Hunter's left foot (A photo reference here). I had to buy those two because I wasn't sure which would fit. Both Bratz feet have no toe sculpt, just a rounded edge where the toes are supposed to be, but it's not a big problem for me.

I tried hot gluing the suitable Bratz foot to Hunter, but when I tried on the new boot, the foot became wobbly then got detached. I think I need to conduct surgery on Hunter so I could remove the peg stuck in his ankle. If this peg is removed, there will be more space for the hot glue. Remember what I did to Maddie? Of course it's not going to be pretty, but I gotta do what I gotta do to complete Hunter.

By the way, in the photo above with Hunter is a Breyer doll I thrifted. I don't collect Breyer dolls, so I became curious with this one when I found it. This doll was well-dressed and I only got it for P50! He is wearing a tuxedo with a coat tail. I haven't identified which doll this is, but it's not that important. I don't like the head of this doll though. Maybe in the future, I can find a doll head that I'd like to switch with this.


I photographed the doll in this position to show his articulation. I don't want to take off his clothes anymore because at the thrift store, I had a difficult time pulling the pant legs over the boots when I inspected his foot and shoe!

No comments:

Post a Comment