Stumbled across this link via Tumblr:
It's about Mattel/Barbie's secret project called Project Dawn which is about reinventing Barbie's look. Now there are three upcoming body sizes for Barbie and it's awesome! That would be CURVY, PETITE, and TALL.
|Original and Curvy Barbie|
|Petite and Tall Barbie|
I found more photos:
Photos from http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/6893105/Barbie-goes-PC-Plus-size-curvy-dolls-among-the-new-range.html.
More photos here: http://time.com/4197499/barbies-new-body-photos-of-curvy-tall-and-petite/.
Video of the Barbie stylist holding the dolls: http://time.com/4196264/barbies-new-body-times-cover-shoot-behind-the-scenes/.
Things to expect:
- Less clothes sharing among all Barbie dolls, which is OK because this is how reality works. But think of the possibilities of sharing Barbie clothes to other types of dolls.
- Less shoe sharing among all Barbie dolls, which is also OK.
- They might recycle their existing face moulds, but hair styles and textures will be more varied.
Things to consider:
- Will Mattel also make articulated Barbies with these new body types?
- Will there be fashion packs?
- Will these new body types be used in movie tie-in products and other themed lines?
- Will tall Barbie be used now for high-fashion lines?
- How about the kid dolls, will they be reinvented as well? Will they also come in differing sizes?