Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Quick Craft: Kitty Cheshire's Arm Warmers

When Kitty Cheshire the doll was released, some fans felt they were a bit short-changed because Kitty the doll is missing her arm warmers. They were actually present on her preview photos:

Kitty Cheshire: doll preview

Left: Kitty Cheshire in the webisodes
Right: Kitty Chesire without her arm warmers

I also saw a video on YouTube about making arm warmers for her:


Anyway...


I wasn't really planning on making Kitty her arm warmers on purpose. I just happened to be rummaging through my old stuff because I am in the process of moving and downsizing my possessions. I came across this plastic spring key chain and was about to discard it because the key rings were already rusting and I have no use it for anymore when I thought, hmm maybe I can still recycle the spring. Then I thought of Kitty. That's when I decided to cut up two pieces of the spring to size and coil around Kitty's arms:




I think it turned out great, specially since it's not a messy fix at all. As for the fur, I decided not to add those anymore.

I used the excess spring as a necklace, bracelets and anklets for my zombie Rapunzel doll. Recycling!

No comments:

Post a Comment