Monday, February 15, 2016

Monster High at Toy Fair 2016 - Shriek Wrecked

Aww, how I wish I could attend Toy Fair 2016 in New York City. Anyway, here are recent photos from Monster High's Snapchat! These are from Day 1, and I'm not sure if they're going to add something new to the display for the other days. I don't know how that works. Haha.


The Monster High Shriek Wrecked doll line. There's even a new character called Dana Treasura Jones (the girl with the blonde hair and blue dress), who is the daughter of Davy Jones. The dolls are all sporting new faceups, but I can't seem to notice the difference on Gil, the manster doll at the back.


Not from the Shriek Wrecked line, but definitely a new product from Monster High called Monster High minis. I don't know how big they are, if they are hard or squishy, and how many there will be. I also saw other photos of the minis from Tumblr, and there are quite A LOT for fans to collect.


Shriek Wrecked Draculaura. Not sure about her new face. She has a lot of things going on in her outfit. Can't say much about her because I'm not fond of Draculaura the doll. I like her webisode character more, haha.


Shriek Wrecked Lagoona Blue and Gil Webbington. I don't like Lagoona's old faceup because she looked like a dead fish to me. This new look, I'm not too sure about it if I like it or not. And like I said earlier, I don't know if they changed anything with Gil.


Shriek Wrecked Rochelle Goyle and Clawdeen Wolf. Clawdeen looks so plain standing next to Rochelle. I think she is underdressed for this theme. And she looks so tame. It's like her fierceness has been taken away. Oh no.


Shriek Wrecked Catrine DeMew. She looks much older with this new faceup but I still like it. She looks a bit mean or snotty too, at least to me, but whatever. Her hair is really nice but I doubt the curls are going to hold up when you take her out of the box and play with her. Her outfit is also plain compared to the other dolls, but she looks nice like this. Let her enjoy her nautical themed dress, will you please? Haha.

I'm not so hooked on this line (Haha, ok did you see what I did there?), probably because I don't know much about Pirates of the Carribean, but at least they're making a number of themed lines every year, which means that Monster High isn't going anywhere. I really look forward to seeing what else they have in store for fans.

There is also that How Do You Boo /Dance The Fright Away / Welcome to Monster High showcase (seriously I don't know which title they used for that doll line), and it features the new Ari Hauntington doll. I haven't found any official photos taken at Toy Fair yet so I won't be posting much about this doll line yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment