Thursday, February 18, 2016

Monster High deluxe Skelita Calaveras doll

The new Skelita Calaveras doll from Monster High has been revealed at Toy Fair 2016 at New York City. Here are two of her stock photos:




I feel kinda iffy about this doll because she's a different looking Skelita. I think it has something to do with the colour scheme. She has lost the orange from her scheme, I really liked the orange because it reminds me of the orange-black colour combination reminiscent of Halloween. Her old colour scheme also used to remind me of Lush's shower gel called Ponche, which has a mixture of orange juice and tequila, somewhat like the Mexican Christmas punch, and that shower gel makes me happy because IT SMELLS SO GOOD. For Skelita to lose that orange, it's just not the same anymore for me. At least put some orange in her outfit, like in the dress of the Scarnival Skelita Calaveras doll.

I also noticed that her eyebrows are faint and thicker this time. Her faceup makes her face look dirty, like she chose a foundation colour that is wrong for her skin colour, or rather her bone colour. The black paint on her nose is gone. I think that paint gives the illusion of a hollow nose because Skelita is a skeleton, a calavera, but with that already gone, it just looks like a random Monster High head stuck on a skeleton body.

Hope this new Skelita dolls gets released soon so that toy vloggers can review her.

/I read somewhere that she's the next adult collector's doll after Draculaura. I doubt that she is. Skelita's already available for pre-order on Amazon, and she is cheaper than Draculaura, so I guess they're not on the same level at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment